23 July 2007

quiet days

Not too much going on with the long break between medical checkups. The babes were very still for about three days (Fri.-Sun.) which had me feeling panicky last night, but when Niek put his hands on my belly, they decided to play along. Phew! We could very clearly feel both the twins. It's funny, how they have such different ways of moving and interacting. Anyway, I will try to hold out till the next ultrasound, which is August 9th. I suspect that the sinus infection I've been battling may have something to do with their quietness - if I feel run down, they surely must.

We received some absolutely adorable hats in the mail from stitching friend Cathy. They're Minnesota Twins hats and have 'twins' all over them, which totally cracked Niek and I up. Other people have contacted me to ask about gifts, and I really must reply ... it's just that the days seem to be over before they've properly gotten started! My apologies, dear friends!

For physical changes, the swelling in my hands has dropped off drastically - I can even get my wedding band back on the right finger. (Typing with it on my other hand has felt positively bizarre, and I've made so many typos as a result!) My sinuses are still a huge pain in the patootie, but the saline rinses and staying off dairy products seem to keep it at a bearable level. I've been really tired, but that's my own fault for going to bed too late. The morning sickness seems to be gone, but it's been replaced by heartburn. Everything seems to be pretty much normal - though I will feel greatly relieved when we've again had a peek at the twins and know for sure that things are going well.

5 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

Those hats are gorgeous. It seems to be the way with pregnancy, that one symptom goes only to be replace with another. I hope that your sinuses clear up.

Joanne

Sharon said...

Barbara, I hope you get to feeling better. I can't wait to hear what they are. I know you worry sometimes-but these babies are meant to be! I remember having some of those same worries with all my babies-espcially the last. Just take care of yourself. Oh, just to give you a laugh. Sharon is a GREAT girls name-LOL

Kitty Couture said...

I'm glad you're feeling better Barbara... Thanks for your email... and big hugs!! :)

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Oh the lovely heartburn - hope that passes as well. My nose was stuffed the entire pregnancy, it seemed! Glad to hear the morning sickness has left :)

Margaret said...

Glad your morning sickness has left you Barbara.
This is such an exciting yet anxious time for you and Niek. For me it is so many years ago yet I remember it like it was yesterday.
What a lovely gift - "Twins" hats. They will love that in the hospital!!!!!
Take good care of yourself. When you feel all those good vibes coming at you, please know that mine are part of them.