04 July 2007

let the emotions begin!

So, I'm in the second trimester and the all-day sickness has pretty much ceased. What an experience that was! I have a newfound sympathy for sufferers of (so-called) morning sickness! And I'm no longer dropping off to sleep without warning like some victim of narcolepsy. The kids found that amusing, but I didn't. However, it seems like the emotion hormones have kicked in, and with a vengeance!

This is one aspect of pregnancy I've never liked. I can't trust if my reactions to things are valid or not. Last night, I actually yelled at Niek on the phone because he missed a special dinner I'd made and hadn't bothered to call (a sore spot that's existed for years, but suddenly it seemed huge). Today I'm feeling borderline weepy because I want to be home, in Maine, for the Fourth of July. And I don't even particularly like this holiday! The neverending rain and gray skies we've had for weeks doesn't exactly help matters. I've also been freaking out about the delivery, now that I know my GYN will not be present. And no one gets why I'm upset about it! I've scheduled an appointment with my family doctor to see if she can clue me in to some sort of workaround, where I can have some medical person that I know and trust on hand for the delivery. Fingers crossed....

On a much brighter note, I regularly feel the twins during the kids' bedtime stories - apparently having Nicky or Rowen on my lap is the trick - the quieter twin on my right reacts especially strongly. It's pretty neat. They're still too small to feel them actually kicking, but any movement is very exciting and welcome.

Today I'm taking the kids to a photographer for professional photos. And this will be the last time I'll take "just" the three of them! How funny is that! The 40 week due date is 6 months from today. WOW!

4 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

Gotta love those hormones, and just think this time you are getting a double dose. Take care, I am sure those close to you will understand.

Joanne

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

6 months will go by just like THAT! Sorry about the sickies ~ that was so hard on me. Hang in there. Hope the photos went well.

Sharon said...

Oh, I hope you find out some good information when you go to your family doctor. I can't imagine double the hormones. Just say to yourself-this too shall pass!

Von said...

As Sharon said, this too shall pass - however, NOT just like THAT, per Tanya, lol! Sorry Tanya. :)

I hope you have a lovely chat with your family doctor and that she can find you some medical/emotional support to help you through the pregnancy. Hugs!