17 December 2007

Dear Arden,

Since you waved so cheerfully to me in your last ultrasound, I thought I'd return the favor (in a manner of speaking). Here you are from the perspective that we're used to seeing you.



This is the most hectic, chaotic week of the holiday season for us, mostly because of your brother's school schedules, but also because your Opa & Oma and many relatives are away this week on holiday. So, if you're going to take after the rest of the family, I told your Daddy last night that this will be the week you're born. ;)

It's been a rough time for you lately, being shaken up countless times of day and night by my coughing. It must feel like being inside a tumble-dryer or something. I can imagine it's awfully tiring for a wee fellow who's trying to find the exit and to catch some extra rest before The Big Arrival. I went back to the doctor again today - though she didn't have an answer as to why the antibiotics aren't working, she did prescribe a new inhaler and wished us both well.

Despite all the shaking and upheaval, I can feel that you're moving and growing in there. I've so enjoyed telling you stories about your grandparents, your siblings, and our lives. I hope you've been aware of the many kisses that Nicky and Rowen have showered on you, and of all the greetings that your biggest brother Max has sent your way. Speaking of greetings, you received your very first card today! Your Grammie is certain you'll be here before Christmas and sent you this card. Pretty cute, huh?



Well, my wee traveler, I needed to send you a special greeting today. Hopefully it won't be long now before we can communicate face-to-face (and hopefully I will not cough all over you!). Until that moment, know how much I love you.

Your Mama

11 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

I'd been hoping for this picture for a long time, Barbara! Thank you so much for sharing.
Beautiful picture, beautiful post.
Arden, we cannot wait to meet you!

Kendra said...

Aww...what a sweet post! I did a post like this right before The Baby was born...but mine wasn't so nice. I basically told her that her time was up and she needed to vacate the premises because there was no more room at the inn. Plus the innkeeper was ready to get out of the innkeeping business. :-)

Hope to "meet" Arden soon!

Anonymous said...

Aww what a sweet letter to Arden. Agreat bump photo and I love that sweet card :o)

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post to such a highly anticipated new member of the family! I'm sure he'll look back at these posts some day and know how much he has been loved this entire time. :)

Sharon said...

Barbara, I was hoping you would show off your baby bump! You look great. Thanks for sharing. What a sweet card! I am looking forward to seeing Arden's little face in your family pictures.

Jane said...

He waved? How cute! BTW that cookie is adorable! You are so close now! Arden will be here before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Great bump photo. Love that he waved, must mean that he's ready to make the journey to meet the rest of the family. :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, Barbara! I often wish I had taken the time to write letters to Elizabeth as she was growing up... One blogger I read posts monthly letters to her daughter and they nearly always make me teary, they are so touching. I hope you continue the letters to Arden, even if just privately :)

Margaret said...

What a wonderful post Barbara. Such a lovely letter to your little boy. Grammie sure sent an adorable card for Arden.

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

I am thinking about you and can't wait till news comes about Arden :)

Love,
Tanya

Anonymous said...

We got to see your baby bump which is now a little flatter (it's late on the 22nd).
That was a dear post. Thanks for sharing.