01 October 2007

26 weeks and 3 days - wow!

Today was our biweekly ultrasound and checkup for Arden, and I'm relieved to share that everything went well. The ultrasound measurements continue to be between 2 wks/2dys and 2 wks/4 dys "bigger" than normal for his age, but this seems to be his normal growth pattern - he's not deviated it from it since we started doing the measurements. Our big little boy. :)

My BP and protein levels were fine, but the doctor I had today (my regular GYN has a week off) wanted to test my urine because it's been cloudy - frankly, I was relieved - and also wrote up the paperwork for my iron levels and a few other things to be tested. It's also time to have the glucose tests run again. For the test here, I don't drink anything special but simply go in every 3 hours for a finger prick to see if my levels are too high/too low/fluctuating. And that horrible pain I've had under my ribcage is not a figment of my imagination or the woes of being an older mom - it's a torn abdominal muscle which may or may not be infected. Sadly, there's not much that can be done about it till post-pregnancy, and the poor stretched out thing is going to have to stretch a bit more .... I'm trying to reach one of the PTs who is very good with this sort of thing, but she's been unavailable. I'll keep trying. Till then, 'easy does it' will have to be my motto.

It was wonderful to see Arden again, and to be reassured that he's doing as well as he is. By the time the two weeks are nearing an end, I always begin to get nervous about something going wrong. When I was talking to my mom today, I realized with a shock that we'll only have around 6 more appointments before the Grand Arrival!

10 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Oh Barbara, thank you for your news. I am so happy that little Arden is doing great. However, that torn muscle makes me cringe :( I really hope the pain can be lessened on some way or other. (((hugs)))

Thinking of you and Arden every day! :)

Chiloe said...

Already 26 weeks? !!! That's great! I'm so happy for you. I'm sure the way you handle everything make the difference with Arden.I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for a great ending. I understand how you can feel as I've also been a worried pregnant mom but when a baby wants to live, they show us how strong they are.
I hope you can find some kind of relief with your pain. Have you tried ostheopathy? (i am not sure it is the englsih word...)

Keep a good spirit !!! ((((hugs))))

Annemarie said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch! Poor Mom! But thank goodness Arden is continuing to do so well! Only six more appointments? I'd better reheat my stitching needles and forget about all the Christmas ornies I was planning (besides, you stitched enough to make the round of our stitching friends twice, right?)

Von said...

Yowie!! Torn ab muscles - gives me shivers to think of it, not to mention the possibility of infection too. You take care, dear friend - "easy does it" is right!

So glad that Arden is growing so well and he'll be in your arms before you know it! :D

Sharon said...

What a blessing that Arden is doing so well. I just wish you weren't having so many aches and pains. Only 6 more appointments-amazing. It will be be here before you know it. Take care. {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased you only have good news regarding Arden's development. Yup, I think the PT is in order for your muscle - it does sound painful.

Karoline said...

Glad to hear that Arden continues to do well. Awww on the torn muscle

Anonymous said...

It's just great to read that things are going so well with baby. Those next 6 appts will fly by!

Jane said...

Those torn ab muscles must hurt like the dickens. But I am glad things are going well with the baby. It will go by before you know it!

Margaret said...

Such wonderful news to hear that Arden is doing so well.
Torn ab muscles sounds horrible and painful - poor you.
Take care.