26 June 2007

June 4th, 2007: before the first exam

After nearly driving myself to distraction imagining the horrible things that could've gone wrong, the date of the first doctor's appointment is finally here. After some deliberation, I've chosen IJsselland Ziekenhuis, which is about 20 minutes away in Capelle a/d IJssel. I could not, would not, face the army of incompetents over at Groene Hart Ziekenhuis in Gouda after the horrors of last year and the incorrect diagnosis (of menopause/infertility) the year before that. The mere thought of stepping through those doors again sends shudders through me. I discussed IJsselland with my family doctor and she agreed it was a good choice. Now we'll finally find out - is the baby okay? why do I feel so awful? why is my belly showing already? I'm terribly frightened. I haven't slept well, despite being exhausted. I'm worried that my worrying puts the baby in danger....

No comments: