26 June 2007

June 25th, 2007: it moved!

Laying in bed tonight, Niek put his hand firmly on my left side while I was prattling along, talking about tomorrow's big appointment. He was quiet, which should've been a sign. I stretched my legs out, and as soon as I did, I felt kicking! Niek said he'd felt something 'like a ball nestled against my hand' for awhile, but as soon as I stretched out, the little fishy got VERY active indeed! We laid there for a good 15 minutes, laughing and feeling like we were part of a miracle. When he tried it on the right-side twin, I could feel faint swishings, like the ripples from a fish deep in the depths. Wow.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Did you just now make this public- I feel like such a goob that I missed it :-) I am so gld that all is going well and that the tests were all so positive. Take no notice of doctors with bad attitudes- who needs'um. Try and rest if you can - your hapiness jumps off the screen.

Sharon said...

Barbara, I have read every post and this is just so wonderful. With me being a nurse in obstetrics I find it really interesting hearing about your care in the Netherlands. I will look forward to your posts. Take care.

Von said...

What a time you've had these last few weeks, Barbara!!

One question - are there two placentas? I'm assuming so. :) Dizygotic twins are much more common in older mothers, however, two placentas do not automatically rule out monozygotic twins. Verrry interesting, this twin business. :)

Aussie Stitcher said...

Thank you so much for allowing all of us to be a part in your wonderful journey. I love the way you describe everything. When you tell of how you felt the babies moving, I could remember the feelings that I went through whenever I felt my babies, they are all truely miracles.

Joanne